Dermal fillers can help battle the known signs of aging. Our age can significantly affect and lessen the volume on your face. Issues on our faces like sagging cheeks, noticeable fine lines, and deepened wrinkles can be cumbersome.
Insert dermal fillers – injectables that help regenerate skin volume, smoothen unwanted wrinkles, plump deflated lips, and restore your youthful appearance. Today, let’s know more about dermal fillers before even trying these injectables yourself. As they say, knowledge is power. So, let’s go.
What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are popular cosmetic procedures that imitate sugar molecules inside our bodies. These molecules transport nutrients and regulate the water balance in our skin. These active ingredients help in skin revitalization and instant volume addition. Dermal fillers diminish fine lines and wrinkles towards a more natural, much softer look and feel.
Nowadays, experts utilize a gentle technique in injecting dermal fillers underneath the skin’s surface. The best dermal fillers for you depend on the results you want to see. Injectable fillers add natural-looking results and reverse the effects of aging.
Types of Dermal Fillers
Since the inception of dermal fillers, the FDA or the Food and Drug Administration has only approved a handful of injectable fillers used in today’s cosmetic industry. These dermal fillers include the following:
- a dermal filler of collagen gel provides immediate volume
- lifts the treated area with the use of polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) microspheres
- helps reduce atrophic acne scar appearances and stimulate collagen production
- also fills in fine lines and wrinkles
- does not get reabsorbed by the body through the skin, unlike hyaluronic acid fillers; therefore is longer lasting
- has bovine collagen that requires skin tests before determining the presence of any allergies
- two (2) sessions are usually needed before achieving your desired results, lasting up to five (5) years
- also known as Belotero Balance
- a thinner hyaluronic acid dermal filler
- designed particularly for areas of more delicateness and finer line frequency
- results from these injections typically last for about six (6) months
- the most natural among the injectables
- this one is something that we already have on our bodies: our fat
- performing this procedure takes fat from one part of the body using liposuction, then transfers it to the area that requires attention
- the fat injected helps increase volume and enhances contouring
- results from fat injections are usually permanent
- a range of hyaluronic acid-based dermal filler
- designed to help address different epidermic concerns, using various potencies and longevities
- each product part of this collection can add volume to other areas of the face
- results will be instantly noticeable, depending on the particular product administered
- in addition, effects last between six (6) months, up to two (2) years
- consists of calcium-based microspheres that help create immediate volumization
- acts as scaffolds for the body’s natural collagen production
- not only does it have instant results, but it also helps in the natural stimulation of collagen growth, especially around the site of injection
- results in a much fuller, more lifted appearance of the treated area’s skin
- perfect for the correction of nasolabial folds and marionette lines
- also fixes the corners of the mouth, pre-jowls, and contours the jawline
- typically, results from this dermal filler usually last up to one (1) year
- the first FDA-approved filler back in 1998
- belongs to the hyaluronic acid-based line of products
- each of its products is designed with several targets in mind
- results from this dermal filler may take a couple of days before becoming visible
- these effects can last from six (6) months to one and a half (1 ½) years based on the product used
- Sculptra Aesthetic is another term used for this treatment
- contains poly-L-lactic acid that helps stimulate the body’s collagen production
- provides gradual results that can take weeks or even months before fully developing
- amidst the late effects of its results, it is more long-lasting than other injectables
- you may need additional treatments over the following months to achieve your desired results fully
- results will last up to two (2), and in some cases even (3), years
Common Areas Treated By Dermal Fillers
Although dermal fillers can be used in treating any part of the body, throughout the years, the following are some of the most common areas treated by these injectables:
- frown lines
- issues under the eyes
- marionette lines
- smile lines
What to Expect from Dermal Fillers
The first step for dermal fillers is to schedule a consultation with your doctor or healthcare provider. This initial appointment allows you to discuss everything you need to know about this procedure with experts. Talks also involve telling what you like and don’t like about your skin and the goals you want and setting realistic expectations.
Once your thorough discussion is done, your doctor or healthcare provider can determine which product will work best for you, eventually booking your dermal filler treatment.
In addition, dermal fillers are minimally invasive and non-surgical procedures. These injectables can be completed inside clinics, med spas, or inside the office of your doctor or healthcare provider using general anesthetics.
Once these anesthetics have been applied, your chosen dermal filler product gets administered, injecting it into the desired area. Expect massaging done by your doctor or healthcare provider to ensure the product is evenly distributed.
Typically, dermal filler treatments take around 15-20 minutes.
Dermal Filler Results: How Long Do These Treatments Last?
The result is greatly based upon the filler product, the treated area, and most importantly – you, the patient. See treatment effects after two (2) to three (3) weeks of settling time, even after only one session. Dermal filler results last from six (6) months to two (2) years, based on the filler type used.
The speed and longevity of dermal filler results significantly depend on what product is administered. Results can either be immediate or may take a few weeks before becoming visible. These effects can last between one to several years. Doctors or healthcare providers cover this information during your consultations, discussing your desired outcome and deciding on the appropriate product for your specific concerns.
Takeaways on Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers are today’s modern approach to the signs of aging. These injectables have several benefits, primarily when the correct product is used. Discuss everything with the experts first to enjoy the extraordinary results dermal fillers can provide.
Are dermal fillers the correct procedure for your specific concerns? Our great friends at Aesthetically Savvy can help you today. Visit them now! https://aestheticallysavy.com/